I want Radio Imaging Fun For Everyone! to be not only a place for imaging tips, what’s available and radio imaging in general, I want this website to be a place for discussion. it’s the interaction between writer and reader that makes doing what I do so awesome.
But to increase meaningful conversation, sometimes it’s necessary to reduce the not-so-meaningful bits. Here are the kinds of things I’ve been deleting in recent posts. Please avoid these types of comments:
• One-word comments like “Cool!” or “Thanks!” While I appreciate the congrats, I’d love to hear more about what exactly you love, and (even more importantly) why.
• Shameless self-promotion. Comments that contain links to your site within the body or otherwise encourage folks to visit your blog are a no-no, no matter if your radio station uses WordPress or not. I’ll visit your station’s DJ blogs anyway.
• Multiple comments by one author. I’m glad you want to be engaged, but please give others a chance to speak, too.
• Really long comments. Let’s just say that if you need to take more than three breaths to read your comment, it’s probably too long.
• Personal comments about staff members. OK, so sometimes they make me blush, it’s true. Nevertheless, they’re not appropriate for this website.
- Inflammatory or offensive comments. Please respect other commenters and staff members in your comments and avoid profanity and unnecessary language.
I also delete comments that are written entirely in another language as well as those that are difficult to understand due to serious grammatical and spelling errors.